With the weather finally changing to longer daylight hours with warmer nights, boats are taking advantage of the weather to explore the waterways system.
As some are likely to be away for most of the summer, boatmail.co.uk provides a home for their post to be sent to and either scanned (so arriving by e-mail on a computer, tablet or smartphone) or held and forwarded when the customer reaches a place that will accept their mail (such as the Post Restante* service offered at Post Offices).
We are the leading provider of short or long term mail services for boat owners so that they can receive mail whilst on their boat.
Customers can choose from one of our subscription services (annual or monthly) our low cost Pay as you Go service or our ‘one off’ facility where we can manage one/or more items from ordering to delivery Whereas other related carriers are making additional charges for packaging or for an advice of mail despatch by e-mail, we continue to include this as part of our service.
- Although originally conceived as a service for continuous cruisers on canal boats, our mail forwarding service can be used by anyone who has short, or long term, mail forwarding requirements due to work or leisure activities (e.g. Motorhome or Caravan owners)
- boatmail.co.uk is led by John Glock who has over 30 years experience in the mail industry
- As a keen boater, with his own boat with extensive cruising and worldwide travelling experience, John has an insight into the mobile community and their mail requirements
- Service fees are very competitive within the mail forwarding sector (Annual membership £125, Monthly membership £12.50 + 25p per item handled and postage at cost or ‘Pay as you Go’ at £2.50 per item handled plus postage)
- Additional services are also available such as scanning mail items received and forwarding as part of an e-mail or receiving correspondence as e-mails that can be printed and posted to a nominated address
*Poste Restante – a service for travellers run by Post Offices where mail is held at the office until the recipient calls to collect the item at the office
a: PO Box 6307 LEIGHTON BUZZARD LU7 4PW
t: + 44 (0) 7984 215873