Update from CRT on 27/06/2016:
Our contractors finished grouting the washwall on Friday and have been on site over the weekend monitoring the leakage and the condition of the bed repair.
Observations confirm that the leakage from the embankment into neighbouring land has now stopped and the bed repair is holding. We now plan to place more clay to finish off the bed repair over the next few days and aim to remove equipment and fencing later this week. Based on current leakage and bed conditions we do not plan to close the canal but will restrict mooring immediately over the leak location.
We are cautiously optimistic about the repairs and remain committed to keeping the canal open during the coming weeks and months. We will continue to monitor the embankment and bed repairs for signs of leakage and will take steps to safeguard the canal as necessary. We will provide updates if this situation changes.
Once again thank you for your continued support and interest.