Harmless and our partners are engaging with organisations that work with Gypsy, Roma & Traveller communities to better understand any identified support or training needs; this work is funded as part of the Wave 4 Suicide Prevention programme covering Nottingham City and County (excl. Bassetlaw.)
Wave 4 Engagement Pilot with Nottingham City, County and ICB is to:
- Raise awareness of suicide and self harm, reduce stigma, and promote help seeking for people in communities that may be at higher risk of suicide and/or self harm, through working with groups, organisations and settings which people in these communities already engage.
- Develop an understanding of the needs and barriers for these communities in relation to suicide and self harm prevention.
- Support groups, organisations and settings working or engaging with higher risk communities to increase awareness, confidence and competence in identifying and responding to suicide and self-harm.
- Ensure those groups, organisations and settings are aware of wider support services for suicidality, self harm, mental health and wellbeing and know-how to make and support referrals into services.
- Develop and deliver appropriate training to increase the skills and confidence of groups and organisations who work with these communities.
We are reaching out to you and other organisations that work with Gypsy, Roma & Traveller communities or support those people in those communities to gain a better understanding of how you could be better supported and equipped to continue to work with these communities.
Please do share this survey with any colleagues or organisations that may find this survey relevant to their roles.
Attached to this email is a poster with our short survey attached. We are asking organisations to complete and share this survey, it should take no longer than 5 minutes of your time, and once complete, we may make contact to invite you for further conversations, cross-sector focus groups and access to a CPD-accredited training in this area.
Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8S2ZKNM